Library Classes: Advanced PubMed
A workshop concentrating on advanced aspects of searching of the National Library of Medicine's biomedical database, MEDLINE, using the PubMed interface. The class reviews topics covered in the Basic PubMed class and explores additional features.
CLASS OBJECTIVES: At the completion of
this class, the participant will:
- Know how PubMed fits into Entrez
- Understand the Preview/Index feature
- Be able to save items to the Clipboard and then access them later to print or to save them
- Understand how to use My NCBI to choose filters for grouping search results, save searches, and create e-mail alerts
- Save article references in PubMed Collections
- Be able to use Clinical Queries and the Systematic Reviews search features
- Understand how to select and use subheadings
- Learn how to turn off the explode default by using the MeSH Database
- Know the appropriate display category for importing citations and abstracts into EndNote
There are no Advanced PubMed classes scheduled at this time.
[Request this class]