Using the STAT!Ref mobile app, you can access most STAT!Ref titles subscribed to by Galter Health Sciences Library* including ACP PIER, ACS Surgery, AHFS Drug Information, ICD-9, Red Book, and many other titles. You can search within individual titles or across all subscribed titles. You can also bookmark sections of interest to quickly access at a later time and annotate your bookmarks with your own personal notes. The STAT!Ref mobile app is available for iPad/iPhone, Android, and Blackberry devices. Before using the mobile app you must create an account from a computer on the Northwestern University network.
To create an account and get started:
1. Access STAT!Ref from a computer on the Northwestern University Network.
2. Click Your Preferences in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
3. Create a Your Preferences account and sign in.
4. Click the Temporary Login Account tab.
5. Click Activate.
6. Download and install the STAT!Ref mobile app for your device.
7. Access the STAT!Ref mobile app and sign in using your temporary login account information.
Note: Your temporary login will expire every 90 days. You will need to access your account from a computer on the Northwestern Network and renew the temporary account to continue accessing STAT!Ref mobile.
STAT!Ref is the latest of several ebook providers offering medical content for your mobile device. AccessMedicine also offers some mobile content. For more information on medical information for your mobile device see Mobile and Smartphone Resources and our UCentral guide.
*Stedman's Medical Dictionary is available within other STAT!Ref titles by tapping the dictionary lookup icon (magnifying glass/book). MedCalc 3000 is not yet available on STAT!Ref mobile.